Baroque Lifestyle gives us the lowdown on how to enjoy St Tropez to the fullest this summer, moored in the pretty harbor on your own private yacht
One of the most famous jet set destinations on France’s magnificent Côte d’Azur, St Tropez remains the place to go come summer. Made famous by the likes of Coco Chanel in the 1920s and Brigitte Bardot 30 years later, this little provincial fishing village has transformed itself into a glitzy, glamorous location for the rich and famous, who still come here every year to party, laze on golden beaches, see and be seen.
From June through to September, Brigitte Bardot look-alikes rub shoulders with movie stars and other celebrities intent on having a good time here in the most famous little town on the French Riviera. Up to 100,000 people visit St Tropez on any given day in the summer months, having travelled from all over the world to get here.
As you can imagine, the traffic is quite heavy, so it’s worth considering arriving in St Tropez by helicopter or yacht (Baroque Yachts and Baroque Jets can arrange this for you – see below). No matter how you get there, make sure you spend some time in this celebrity mecca.
Tips on how to enjoy St Tropez at its best:
· If you’re arriving by yacht, make sure to take in the spectacular view of the Old Town and the world’s most famous harbor.
· Relax with a coffee at one of the portside cafes before enjoying some retail therapy in the fabulous designer boutiques. Both Chanel and Dior are located in magnificent turn-of-the-century villas, and are well worth exploring.
· When you’re not soaking up the sun on a private beach belonging to your villa or resort, take time out to explore the little town. Watch residents playing petanque in the shade of the plane trees in Place des Lice, and savor a glass of bubbly or a cocktail as the sun sets. Pure bliss.
· By 1pm it’s time to return to your yacht and head for a choice of 30 fabulous beach clubs at the magnificent golden beach of Pampelonne in Ramatuelle. This is certainly one of the most famous beaches in the world, home to equally famous clubs such as Nikki Beach, Bagatelle, Tahiti and Palmiers, each offering its own take on entertainment, fun, superb food and lively music.
· Most afternoons are spent at a beach club, lazing on the beach, swimming, enjoying long lunches and soaking up the sun.
· Come nightfall, the atmosphere in the town livens up considerably and it’s time to head for the port for sundowners. One of the most popular locations in Senequier or the Bar du Port, where most of the paparazzi take photographs of stars relaxing over a sundowner.
· For dinner, your best bet is your own personal yacht, with a view of the twinkling lights over the pretty port, and your own choice of superb seafood and other delectable delights. Of course, there are numerous superb restaurants in town to try as well, such as Le Quai, where you can enjoy a dance cabaret as well as superb cuisine.
· After dinner it’s time to party at one of the popular clubs in town, such as the VIP Room and Les Caves du Roy at the Byblos Hotel, both of which offer world class entertainment.
If you’d like to live la dolce vita in Saint Tropez, why not contact Baroque Yachts right away so that we can arrange your yacht charter? Email info@baroqueyachts and we will organize everything for you to ensure that your stay on the French Riviera is as luxurious as possible.